Friday, December 11, 2009

Long time no post...

Dear friends and family,
Life is flying by. I can't believe I have been back in Colorado for 2 weeks already and that I am returning to Michigan in 1 week! We finally have snow on the mountain, hooray!! The town is absolutely beautiful! Sadly, we have both been extremely busy lately and have not had a chance to enjoy the mountain yet. We do have our skis out of storage finally so we are working in the right direction. Andy has been working long hours in preparation for the Christmas rush. His major project right now is lighting. He has been shopping for new lamps for all of the rooms in order to create a more warm, homey feel. Also, apparently it was a bit difficult to read in bed before in some of the rooms. The project is definitely coming along but he still has a long way to go. School is in full swing again. We are hitting the books hardcore between Thanksgiving and Christmas. Right after Thanksgiving, one of my 7th grade classes transitioned from the traditional 7th grade PreAlgebra curriculum to the 8th grade Algebra curriculum. We are attempting to work through all of the material in a matter of only 2 trimesters. The kids are doing really well and are holding on as we blast through 2-3 sections a day. I am so proud of them! In other news, I have joined a Math cohort as a part of a grant program the district obtained this year. The program is 2 fold. The focus of the first few days is mathematical content. We are taking a math class! The focus of the second part of the program is on teaching the mathematics. I am excited to see where this program will lead.
There is so much to tell but my break is over now so I have to go. See you again soon!
Christine :)

No comments: