Saturdays are wonderful because typically they are wide open with no commitments. Today was especially nice because I decided to walk to the library rather than taking the bus. Along the way I stopped to admire the beauty around me. With camera in hand, I took a walk along the river that runs through town. If the snow had not been so cold, I might have chosen to sit along the river for awhile and just take a moment to breathe it all in. I did stop to watch a few ducks play in the river and wondered how in the world they could stand to sit in what I could only imagine was freezing cold water. I could see my breath--that was enough proof for me that it was cold out. (At least the temperature was not in the negative figures like it was Friday morning!) At any rate, today was wonderful because I managed to get a lot of errands and such done and still had time to go hiking through the snow along the river for an hour or so. Now I get to look forward to tomorrow. A friend and I are teaching Sunday School for all of the kids in Kindergarten through 5th grade tomorrow. I am definitely excited!
Stay warm and know that you are loved!!
No comments:
Post a Comment