After watching it snow outside for a week, I began to get the "I want to go skiing" syndrome. We tried going skiing t0 Keystone a couple of nights ago because they offer night skiing, the only resort in the area that does so. Well, we loaded up the car, pulled on all of our snow gear and made our way to the eastbound entrance ramp. We soon noticed a problem: the road closed gates were down! :( For the record, they have gates on the freeway like you see at railroad tracks. The gates go down whenever they feel the need to close a section of the freeway.
So, we didn't go night skiing making my desire to go skiing even stronger!! Well, today we tried once again and succeeded! We went to Keystone, about 45 min away, because Andy knew they had a couple of really nice green (beginner) runs that would be just about perfect for my ability level. With a nice layer of snow pack and a couple of inches of fresh powder on top the conditions were near perfect. I had so much fun. Oh, and the most exciting feat of the day: (drum roll please...) I DIDN'T FALL!!!!! What an improvement from my first experience last week when I was I on my backside almost as much as I was on my skis!! Oh happy day!! We had so much fun! I can't wait to hit the slopes again. After all, I need all of the practice I can get because starting in January our school goes skiing on Fridays. I need to at least be able to keep up with the Kindergartners... ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment