Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Weekend Trip Home

I had the honor and privilege of flying home this weekend to attend Laura's graduation. She is officially finished with her undergraduate experience!! Hooray for the newest and coolest social worker around!! Although I was not able to be in MI for very long, I am excited about all the people I was able to spend time with this past weekend. On Friday morning I had breakfast with Laura and a couple of friends. After breakfast, Laura and I ran errands together then she dropped me off at the ECC so I could spend time with my mom and the staff at one of my all time favorite schools. On Friday night I climbed on the back of my dad's motorcycle and went to the Trestle stop where we celebrated G&G Kleis' (belated) 60th anniversary. On Saturday we watched Laura walk across the stage with her cap and gown. Later that afternoon the VerHulst family gathered at mom and dad's for cheesecake :) and other yummy goodies in order to celebrate Laura's graduation, G&G's 50th anniversary, and Grandma's birthday. After filling our tummies with dessert we piled into our vehicles and made our way to Johnny Carino's for dinner (dessert then dinner--totally the way to go!) On Sunday we went to church and I had a chance to catch up with people that I totally adore. Sunday was also wonderful because Mitch and Jolene came over for dinner after church! After relaxing for awhile and catching up with one another, Jolene and I joined mom and dad on a Geocaching outing. We found 2 caches within less than a mile from home. The storms that rolled through Saturday and Sunday offered some challenges to our hunt (lots of muddy territory to tromp through) but we definitely experienced success and had a lot of fun!!
What a weekend! I can't wait to see everyone again in less than 2 months!! The best thing about my June visit is that I won't be making the trip by myself for the first time all year!! Andy and I will be visiting California and Michigan together!! Hooray!! Come summer come!!!

1 comment:

Laura Kleis said...

Thanks so much for coming! It was really great to see you!