Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Excitement

I have been bouncing off the walls today for oh so many reasons. I am so excited! As many of you know, Andy and I are currently packing our bags for our journey around the country to visit our families and friends. I am so excited to see everyone!! That's not the only reason I am excited though...I'm excited about my new job!!!! That's right, I'm hanging up my tennis shoes and trading them in for a couple of math books! For those that didn't know, my position as the PE teacher at TVA was cut for the 2009-2010 school year due to budget concerns. It was devastating news but is not the end of the story. As soon as I found out that I wouldn't have a job next year I started exploring other options in the valley. Well, after much prayer and frustration, I received the most wonderful news this week...."We would like you to teach math at our school next year." I will be teaching 7th and 8th grade math at the Eagle County Charter Academy next year!! I am so excited!!! It is a dream come true! God certainly works in mysterious ways!! Hooray for vacation and hooray for new jobs and opportunities. Now if only I could get some sleep....

3 comments:

Alia said...

Hurray! Congratulations on the new job! Sorry I missed you when I stopped by. Thank you for the gift! Now I just have to work on getting my own job...:)

Jess Furrow said...

wooo hooo congrats again on the job Christine! Can't wait to see you in Michigan :)

Miss Chrysti said...

YAY!!! You will be an awesome Math teacher, Christine. I would have wanted to have you for my math teacher in jr. high...