Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Spring Break

I love Spring Break. An opportunity to get away for a few days and spend time with some of my favorite people. It was really nice to see my family again and to meet Laura's dog, Macy. Macy is so sweet. Every morning she somehow managed to get my bedroom door open then bounded into my bed and licked my face in order to wake me up.
Each day was full of activity. On Sunday I attended church with my family and enjoyed a walk around the neighborhood. Monday was special because a few of my good friends came over for breakfast (and lunch). We had so much fun playing with the dog, taking pictures, laughing at Evie, and so much more. Below are some highlights from our day:





Reading a story before nap time.











Traditional friend picture!! I love these girls!!









Evie loved playing with Macy and Macy loved getting treats from Evie!











On Tuesday I woke up really early and returned to my middle school after 11 years. I have always really looked up to my 8th grade math teacher. When I found out that I would be teaching 7th and 8th grade math this year I contacted her and thanked her for her inspiration. She has continued to offer support and guidance and during spring break I had an opportunity to sit in her class once again. She has a student teacher right now so we had a chance to sit in the back of the room and discuss the last few years. We also shared a lot of ideas with each other. It was such a neat experience!!

My mom took Wednesday off so we could spend time time together. After a nice relaxing morning, we took Macy for a walk so she (and we) could visit Laura at work. Laura was able to take the afternoon off so the three of us went shopping after lunch. I always pack light when I go to MI because I know that I will return with more than I left with!! On Wednesday night I had the opportunity to go out to eat with my friend Jess and a few of her fellow student teachers. Later, Jess and I joined Laura, Scott, and few girls from church. We had a great time!!

Thursday was "dog day". We began the day with a trip to Petco (because that's where the pets can go!) Macy loves visiting Petco!! We picked up a few treats for her and a new toy for Hobie (who is growing like a weed by the way!!). After our trip to the store, the three of us (Laura, Macy, and I) set out for the dog park. Macy really enjoyed playing soccer with us and we shared a lot of laughs!

On Friday, Jolene and Stephanie came over. It was just like our high school days!! After hanging out and talking for awhile we had a wonderful lunch at Panera Bread. Later that night Jolene and I had our traditional sleep over.

Saturday was special because I had a chance to hang out with a couple of the coolest girls around, Amanda and Nicole. The girls came over for dinner then we played outside until after dark. We ended the night with a little Wii action.

Sunday was bittersweet because I had to say goodbye to my family and friends in MI but I got to return to CO to see my wonderful husband again. Before driving to the airport we attended church as a family then had Grandpa and Grandma over for dinner. What a great end to a wonderful Spring Break!!

Now I am back in CO and slightly jealous of my parents who are now enjoying their Spring Break on a ship in the Caribbean. We were greeted with over 6 inches of snow this morning when we woke up and it did not slow down until this afternoon. I heard reports of about a foot of snow over the last 24 hours or so. I guess "April showers" mean snow showers here in the mountains. Oh well, at least it's beautiful!!

No comments: