Beautiful flowers on a very empty street. When the season ends, Vail becomes very quiet for a few weeks. Not good for business but I personally don't mind the peacefulness!
I was so excited when the tulips and other flowers began to bloom in the medians...it made me miss home and and all of the Tulip Time fesitivites but it also had a way of making me feel right at home at the same time.
Off in the distance on the left you can see that some parts of the mountain still look like they have enough snow to ski on but at lower elevations (run on the left) spring has definitely come and with it the mud!
No snow in sight in Lionshead Village. As soon as the mud dries this area will reopen for hiking and biking. The gondola begins running again in the middle of June.
It was a nice sunny day today (short sleeve and capris nice) but I'm not sure that the water has had a chance to warm up all that much! It looked like a fun ride down the river nonetheless!
No comments:
Post a Comment