Once a month, we young 20 somethings meet with a few of the ladies from church, known lovingly as our "mother group". For the last year or so I would assume, the group has been working through a book called Captivating. Each month the group studies a different chapter of the book.
After the meeting, I had a really nice chat with the lady hosting the the meeting. Somehow we got on the topic of heritage. It turns out that she is Dutch as well! She had all kinds of delftware-a tea set with windmills on them, tiles with people in Dutch costumes, and all kinds of other great Dutchness painted on them. We talked about Tulip Time, pig-in-the-blankets, and family members who spoke in Dutch. Then we moved into her office and started looking through a couple of her Dutch cookbooks. It was so nice to make this type of connection so far from home. God certainly works in mysterious ways!
2 comments:
I LOVE DUTCH THINGS!!!
two things:
1. Its taken them a year to read through 'Captivating' thats a short book, I would have gotten so impatient and just finished it myself
2. Yay for dutch people (you know i'm dutch right?)
Post a Comment