Over the course of the last 24 hours I think I experienced the full range of emotions in anticipation of my first day of school. I was excited about the fact that I had a job in a wonderful school and at the same time I was freaked out of my mind because I had no idea what to do on the first day. After much deliberation I designed a set of lessons, one for each age group, but later abandoned them almost entirely and decided to make it up on the fly because attention spans were quite short and the energy level was through the roof. I am happy to report that despite the massive amounts of butterflies fluttering about in my stomach on the way to school, the day was wonderful! The kids at this school are great and I now have a better idea of what to expect in the future. Once we all get into a routine things will be even better. Until then, well I suppose we will be embarking on a journey through the land of trial and error. I am really excited about the upcoming year and all that God has in store for us. This will definitely be a learning experience!
Well, on that note, I should probably make some plans for tomorrow. GO TITANS!!
No comments:
Post a Comment