Wow! I can't believe it is Friday already! Let's see, what did we do this week? Oh, after about a month of living in the valley, we finally became Colorado citizens in a sense. We both have Colorado plates on our car as well as temporary paper licenses in our pockets. So, for the record, my car looks kind of funny with a plate on the front! I also learned an important lesson this week-never go to the DMV during lunch time. Andy went at about 2:00 and was in and out with license in hand in like 10-15 minutes. I on the other hand went a couple of days later at about 11:30 and had the pleasure of studying all of the posters and signs on the wall for somewhere around 1 1/2 hours. Oh well, I guess I just had the opportunity to meet more new people!
Oh, highlight of the week-I had the opportunity to sub a couple of mornings in the preschool room. They are so cute! Working with three year olds is never boring and often times the other teacher and I would just look at each other and laugh. These little ones are at school all day but take a nice long nap in the afternoon. I came back into the class after teaching P.E. one day and they were all laying around the room on their mats sound asleep. So cute!! Especially the ones clutching their teddies. :)
So, funny thing. There is a giant rubber duck sitting in front of a store downtown Vail and that can only mean one thing: it's time for the annual duck race. For those who are not familiar with this Vail tradition, on Sunday the river flowing through town will be filled with thousands of rubber ducks! I will definitely have my camera on hand for the festivities! If you would like to learn more about the race you can go to: http://duckracevail.com/ and read all about it!
Final thought-thank you to all of you who prayed for my friend Myra this week. Her surgery went well and she is recovering at home. We even had a chance to talk this morning for a couple of minutes! There is no better way to start the day then talking to people you really love and care about!
Have a great weekend!
Christine :)
Christine :)

1 comment:
That's why I teach preschool :o)
We have a duck race here in Cincinnati, too. It's for charity and kind of a raffle thing as well... imagine hundreds and hundreds of ducks floating down the Ohio River!
Post a Comment